About Me

My photo
Freelance Graphic Designer

Friday 7 October 2011

what r you doing to reduce your carbon footprint?

I decided this morning to go through that pile of newspaper and books by my couch that I somehow never have the time to get to! Make the time I say to myself, and so I came across an article that concerned me.  Do you know since Canada took the oath in 2007 to follow the Kyoto Protocol (good on us) and internationally committed ourselves to reduce carbon emissions.....we're falling at a 90% rate in our accountability currently than we were in 2007! And yet our govt has managed to spend more than $9 billion in climate-change measures!  I think Al Gore is turning in his grave. (if he were dead - )
I'm not going to start ranting here, or get in a protest line with signs and petitions (Mother Theresa once said that the only "march" she would participate in was in one for peace....  I follow her) But I am going to step up on getting on my bike a little more.  That's why I live in the city - to use my car less.  Do you know my sister spent over 3 hours the other day in her car getting into the city?  If there's one accident on any of the bridge routes, traffic is a nightmare!  Right now our city mayors are voting on extending the translink system and yes it will cost us more. ....but good on them! I am willing to pay the extra even though I live in the city.
My readers are hopefully all about saving our world by example.  I can't tell you how many times I hear, " My recycling is not going to make a difference".  Man, I just want to get inside that pea brain of theirs and pull that pea out! 
We all make a difference and I for one can only make my own.  I'm extremely proud of my 25 year old daughter Megan who's carbon footprint in this world is like "0"! I believe most of her friends and our young generation is setting the right example.
At least we're getting that right.
Namaste

over-out

No comments:

Post a Comment