About Me

My photo
Freelance Graphic Designer

Wednesday 16 January 2013

desert time

Just got back from the California desert visiting my mom at a little community east of Palm Springs called "The Foundain of Youth!" Mom's been a snowbird there for the past 12 years and it's more home to her there than in Victoria where she lives....I can see why.  There is sooooo much to do out in the middle of nowhere in the desert and everyone you pass says" hello".  The weather was a little cool for California standards but the sun shone everyday and after the rains of Vancouver for the past few months, coolish was not a problem for me.

Megan and I got to spent some quality time eating vegetables, playing pool, ping-pong, shuffleboard, walking, eating more and I went out for a day in the desert on the quads in a jeep to search for crystals.  They are just lying there on top of the ground and some of us were lucky enough to find some amazing smokey quartz ones! The desert is beautiful and expansive and I am lucky to enjoy these ventures when I visit my mom.

I think I might just retire here like my mom when I get older..hmmmmmmdoes freedom 55 count?!
Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment